Ordinary people on mission to change the world.
At The Journey, we believe Jesus calls us to help those who are near us and need us. It's why we give 10% of everything that's given here back to our community through Code Red. As we grow, we plan to keep giving and doing more to meet the needs of the overlooked and oppressed in our community.
We seek to partner with existing organizations that are committed experts in their field rather than create our own efforts from scratch. We believe this mission must benefit both the people who are served and the people who are serving – so we seek opportunities that will meet the needs of our local community while we grow spiritually.
Every year, we host Love Week, where we mobilize hundreds of Journeyers to go out and serve with our community partners. In 2015, 900 Journeyers joined together to serve over 1,300 hours in our community...all in a single week.
Additionally, all of our Journey Groups are encouraged to serve their community together. Click on the Connect tab to find out more.
CANgineering Event with Food Bank of Delaware
We're partnering with the Food Bank of Delaware, a local organization which aims to fight hunger across the First State. Donations to the Food Bank are typically lowest during March and April -- and we want to join together to help.
Are you passionate about helping hungry Delawareans put meals on their table? The Food Bank particularly needs the following items:
- Campbell's Soup
- Campbell's Baked Beans
- Hunt's Canned Sauce (Any kind)
- Chef Boyardee
- Hormel Chili
- Skippy Peanut Butter (Natural and Regular)
- Jiff Peanut Butter (Natural and Regular)
- Progresso Soups
- Goya Canned Goods
- DelMonte Canned Goods- vegetables, beans, peas, fruits
- Food Lion line of canned goods
- Le Sueur Canned Goods
- Barilla Blue Boxes of Pasta
Bring your donations to Journey Central through April 2nd.
Ready to jump in and serve with one of our community partners? Here's how:
- Scroll through the list of event/service opportunities below.
- Choose the opportunity you'd like to participate in.
- Email the Code Red liaison whose contact information is provided. They will respond to you with any additional details.
What: Operation Care-Ware
What: Elkton Spring Faith Community Cleanup